Thank you for being a loving husbandand and caregiver to Mom throughout her fifteen-year journey with Alzheimer’s.
Alzheimer’s took Mom through so many changes. You adapted daily to her ever-changing needs.
You learned to wear so many new hats…
• Daily Wardrobe Stylist
• Manicurist / Pedicurist
• Dental Hygienist
• Cruise Director
• Counterintelligence Officer
• Chauffeur & Escort
• Receptionist / Secretary
• Personal Chef
• Treasure Hunter
• Physical Therapist
• Personal Shopper
You mastered so many new skills. Skills an Army drill instructor and pump-and-tank man may have barely envisioned for himself…
• Preparing meals
• Shopping for groceries
• Answering the phone
• Scheduling doctor appointments
• Paying bills
• Balancing the checkbook
• Dispensing vitamins & medications
• Trimming toenails & fingernails
• Scheduling hairdresser appointments
• Doing laundry
• Sending birthday, anniversary & Christmas cards
• Giving daily baths & supervise hygiene
• Supervising tooth-brushing
• Buying bras and panties…
This growth took strength, loyalty and honor. It was the right thing to do. Just what I expect from you.
This effort is what love looks like.
I want you to know that I noticed.
Thank you Dad!
Happy Father’s Day to My Hero – My Dad.